Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Short & Sweet Reviews: Dragon Bound by Thea Harrison


Title: Dragon Bound
Author:Thea Harrison
Genre: Paranormal, Adult (age 17 & up, mature contents)
Series: The Elder Races #1

Format: Mass Market paperback, 336pages

Released on May 3, 2011


Summary( via Amazon) : Half-human and half-wyr, Pia Giovanni spent her life keeping a low profile among the wyrkind and avoiding the continuing conflict between them and their dark Fae enemies. But after being blackmailed into stealing a coin from the hoard of a dragon, Pia finds herself targeted by one of the most powerful-and passionate-of the Elder races.

My Thoughts: When I first saw this book on the new releases page on various sites, I dismissed it right away because of the cover. I know many of the books I read have cheesy cover, but a half naked male on a cover seem so cliché among paranormal romance novels. I decided to read this book because of all the wonderful reviews it has gotten since its release. I was a little skeptical at first because I never read a dragon book before. 

The book takes place in New York and follows two main characters Dragos, a dragon wyr one of the top Elder races (one of the strongest paranormal creature) and Pia a half-wyr who becomes entangles in a mess when her ex-boyfriend blackmails her into stealing from Dragos. The book had a good pacing and a lot of action through the entire book. Many people love the dynamic chemistry between the two leads, but I found it somewhat annoying. Pia, struggles to decide if she likes Dragos or not. Throughout the book she states that she likes him and can see goodness in him and other time she says he’s a monster. As for Dragos, he comes off really cold-hearted one minute and romantic the next. I also didn't find his whole "you're mine" attitude endearing. The book explains why he is the way he is, but just reading it was a turn off.

Overall it IS a good book, the world building is interesting. Although I may had some problems with the two main characters, I plan on reading the next book because it features two characters from this book who you'll meet; Tricks and Tiago. I think many paranormal romance readers will enjoy this more than me.

Warning: Mature content! 
3 Stars



No comments:

Post a Comment