Tuesday, February 14, 2012

WoW: Waiting on Wednesday [25]

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly post started by Breaking the Spine, to show books that we are patiently waiting for.  

Summary: Wildefire #2
The summary is currently not available so I give you the summary of the first book in the series, Wildefire. 
Every flame begins with a spark.
Ashline Wilde is having a rough sophomore year. She's struggling to find her place as the only Polynesian girl in school, her boyfriend just cheated on her, and now her runaway sister, Eve, has decided to barge back into her life. When Eve's violent behavior escalates and she does the unthinkable, Ash transfers to a remote private school nestled in California's redwoods, hoping to put the tragedy behind her. But her fresh start at Blackwood Academy doesn't go as planned. Just as Ash is beginning to enjoy the perks of her new school--being captain of the tennis team, a steamy romance with a hot, local park ranger--Ash discovers that a group of gods and goddesses have mysteriously enrolled at Blackwood...and she's one of them. To make matters worse, Eve has resurfaced to haunt Ash, and she's got some strange abilities of her own. With a war between the gods looming over campus, Ash must master the new fire smoldering within before she clashes with her sister one more time... And when warm and cold fronts collide, there's guaranteed to be a storm.

[August 28, 2012] 

15 comments:

  1. Hm. Never got around to reading Wildfire. Didn't really sound like my type of read. But I love the cover for this one though.

    Thanks for stopping by,

    Livin' Life Through Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Wildfire yet but I've seen it around and read good things about it. The synopsis sounds really intriguing so I'll have to check it out.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. This definitely sounds like a great book, but I still have yet to read Wildfire, so it will have to wait. Great pick!

    Ange @ the Moonlight Reader
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read Wildfire... but I might get to it...

    http://foreverlostinbooks.blogspot.com/2012/02/waiting-on-wednesday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pick! I haven't read Wildefire yet, but definitely plan to.
    Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know this had a cover already! Aaaawesome - so pretty. Can't wait to continue reading this series. Really enjoyed the first book and the cliffhanger killed me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still haven't read all of Wildefire, and I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to any time soon, but the sequel does sound interesting. I love the cover as well!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  8. How interesting!!!!! Wow, for sure! Great choice. Very intriguing cover!! I'm a new follower and your blog is amazing. Love it! Here's my Wow: Colorimetry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great choice, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/02/waiting-on-wednesday_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this sounds like such an interesting series. The cover is so striking, too. Great pick!


    Stephanie

    Please visit my WOW Post & if you haven’t already, enter my International Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was just talking about Wildefire yesterday - didn't realize this was coming out already - very cool!

    Our WoW is at Book Sake. –Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW this sounds so good. Guess I need to pull Wildfire out and get to reading.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The synopsis sounds really good for wildfire I may Kindle it tonight good choice, here's mine-http://sonythebooklover.com/2012/02/waiting-on-wednesday-44/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is a new one to me. Though I think I've seen book 1 around before I'd have to look it up!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  15. I still haven't read the first book but a lot people seem to like it, maybe I'll give it a try! :)

    ReplyDelete