Thursday, December 31, 2020

Sweep with Me by Ilona Andrews


Title:
 Sweep with Me

Author: Ilona Andrews
Genre: Sci-fi/Fantasy
Series: Innkeeper Chronicles #4.5
eBook, 146 pages
Publication: January 14, 2020 by NYLA
Source: Purchase

Buy|Amazon
|B&N|
Thank you for joining us at Gertrude Hunt, the nicest Bed and Breakfast in Red Deer, Texas, during the Treaty Stay. As you know, we are honor-bound to accept all guests during this oldest of innkeeper holidays and we are expecting a dangerous guest. Or several. But have no fear. Your safety and comfort is our first priority. The inn and your hosts, Dina Demille and Sean Evans, will defend you at all costs. [But we hope we don’t have to.

Every winter, Innkeepers look forward to celebrating their own special holiday, which commemorates the ancient treaty that united the very first Inns and established the rules that protect them, their intergalactic guests, and the very unaware/oblivious people of [planet] Earth. By tradition, the Innkeepers welcomed three guests: a warrior, a sage, and a pilgrim, but during the holiday, Innkeepers must open their doors to anyone who seeks lodging. Anyone.

All Dina hopes is that the guests and conduct themselves in a polite manner. But what’s a holiday without at least one disaster?

My Thoughts

In a mood for a light read I picked up Sweep with Me, a novella in the Innkeeper Chronicles. I wasn’t planning on reading this one because novella aren’t my thing. But I am soooo glad that I did! Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love the series but normally past on novellas for all series. Sweep with Me picks up a few weeks after the events in Sweep of the Blade, Innkeeper Chronicles #4. Dina is in the mist of recovering from a near-death experience and is trying to regain some normalcy but of course her Inn is chosen as a Treaty Day location and she is asked to host a warrior lord and a clan of space chickens (yes you read that right)!
 
There was so much going on in these 146 pages novella! I in awe but not surprised that Andrews was able to jam so much emotion, humor, action, character development and world building in Sweep with Me. I always love seeing our usual group of characters, Orro the chef had plenty of hilarious and heartwarming scenes as well as resident tyrant Caldenia with a pulse on the neighborhood gossip. The new characters were plentiful and just as fascinating. As the synopsis mentioned, Dina’s Inn was graced by a warrior, sage and pilgrim. How accurate and deceiving are the descriptions! Readers are in for another treat for sure, but I won’t spoil it.
 
If you’ve read any books by Ilona Andrews, you can expect all of their trademarks and the unexpected! I love that despite over 10 years of reading and following Andrews they’re still able to surprise me with their writing and stories. Their novels never disappoint. Sweep with Me was a welcoming additional to the Innkeeper Chronicles and I can’t wait to read more in the series…even though it may be awhile since the authors have multiple series out. If you haven’t read the Innkeeper Chronicles yet, I can’t recommend it enough! Its unlike anything I’ve ever read and full of humor…I don’t know about you, but I can definitely use more of that with everything going on. Read it! You won’t be disappointed!







 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment