Thursday, August 25, 2011

Review: Grave Dance by Kalayna Price

Title: Grave Dance
Author: Kalayna Price
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Series: Alex Craft #2

Format: Mass Market Paperback, 371 pages

Summary: After a month of down time, Grave Witch Alex Craft is ready to get back to solving murders by raising the dead. With her love life in turmoil, Alex is eager for the distractions of work. But when her new case forces her to overuse her magic, it might be the last mystery the Grave Witch ever gets to solve... 


My thoughts:  I loved the first book, so when I found out that it was going to be a series; I couldn't wait to pick up the sequel. Grave Dance picks up a month later, with Alex finally out of the lime light and working with her usual clientele. Her friend John who works at the NPD calls Alex in to help him solve a case, but the problem is how can you raise a shade without a body? There's a murderer on the loose, leaving body parts around...foots to be exact which is already weird but what's weirder is all the foots are left foots!

I was sucked in from the first page, and it didn't let me go till the end. Ms. Price does an amazing job of expanding the world of Alex Craft, where we see more of Nekros city, the world of dead, the aetheric plane, and faerie. The second book in the series goes into more of Alex's faerie heritage, and the reader's will get to see plenty more of faerie in this book. The readers will also get to see FIB agent Falin Andrews again, who was MIA for a month, and more of Death who in the last book announce is love for Alex. Other secondary characters like that I like will also have their moment in the spotlight ...Caleb, Holly, John and Tamara.

This book is action packed and full of suspense. I thought I knew who the murderer was near the end of the book, but let me tell you I was so off...and the killer was unexpected! This is an amazing series with two hot guys fighting for alex to boot. If you like reading about witches, magic and faeries, than you'll love this book. Highly recommend to Urban fantasy readers, this is a series not to be missed.




No comments:

Post a Comment