Tuesday, January 03, 2012

WoW: Waiting on Wednesday [22]

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly post started by Breaking the Spine, to show books that we are patiently waiting for.  

THE DARK LONDON SERIES BY KRISTEN CALLIHAN

London, 1881
Once the flames are ignited . . .

Miranda Ellis is a woman tormented. Plagued since birth by a strange and powerful gift, she has spent her entire life struggling to control her exceptional abilities. Yet one innocent but irreversible mistake has left her family's fortune decimated and forced her to wed London's most nefarious nobleman.

They will burn for eternity . . . Lord Benjamin Archer is no ordinary man. Doomed to hide his disfigured face behind masks, Archer knows it's selfish to take Miranda as his bride. Yet he can't help being drawn to the flame-haired beauty whose touch sparks a passion he hasn't felt in a lifetime. When Archer is accused of a series of gruesome murders, he gives in to the beastly nature he has fought so hard to hide from the world. But the curse that haunts him cannot be denied. Now, to save his soul, Miranda will enter a world of dark magic and darker intrigue. For only she can see the man hiding behind the mask.
 
[JANUARY 31, 2012]
 
 Once the seeds of desire are sown . . .
Finally free of her suffocating marriage, widow Daisy Ellis Craigmore is ready to embrace the pleasures of life that have long been denied her. Yet her new-found freedom is short lived. A string of unexplained murders has brought danger to Daisy's door, forcing her to turn to the most unlikely of saviors . . .

Their growing passion knows no bounds . . .
Ian Ranulf, the Marquis of Northrup, has spent lifetimes hiding his primal nature from London society. But now a vicious killer threatens to expose his secrets. Ian must step out of the shadows and protect the beautiful, fearless Daisy, who awakens in him desires he thought long dead. As their quest to unmask the villain draws them closer together, Daisy has no choice but to reveal her own startling secret, and Ian must face the undeniable truth: Losing his heart to Daisy may be the only way to save his soul.
 
[AUGUST 1, 2012] 

I am DYING to read this series by Kristen Callihan, I love Victorian era related books and this has a touch of the paranormal elements. What drew me to these books weren't only the interesting synopsis but also the beautiful eye catching covers.

11 comments:

  1. OMG! These books sound very good. Love Love the covers!! ME too ME too. I love Victorian era kind of books. Love the history and the culture. If there are any books that about Victorian era, can you please let me know?? Great picks! Thank you for sharing them!

    Your first comments went to my filter section because it thought it was a spam. But I showed it now. Thank you for stopping by and commenting on my blog.

    See you around!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  2. I received an ARC of Firelight last week. I'm looking forward to reading the book! Plus, don't those covers look amazing?

    My WoW.

    I'm a new Networked Blogs follower btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blurbs are nice and the covers look amazing!!


    Here's my Wow

    New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sam: I will let you know whenever I stumble upon more Victorian era related books! :D

    @Majanka: Lovely! Let me know what you think of it!

    @Vanya Drum: I know! aren't they just wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! These both look really interesting and intriguing! Great picks! Thanks for sharing! :-)

    Here's what I'm Waiting On this week!

    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your picks! adding them on my list ;) don't read much of them but the cover won me over lol

    My WoW picks here

    Jay @ We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. This books look really interesting. Firelight actually caught my attention since its setting is in London. Haha. Love the Victorian Era! :))

    Eunice @ Book Overdose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these sound interesting. Great picks.

    Here's my WOW pick.

    Kat
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like an interesting series - you're right, those covers really catch your eye!

    Here's my WOW for the week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome choices. They both looks really interesting. Thank for visiting my WoW. =]
    -Michael
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. :O!! I am in LOVE with the cover of Firelight!! Great choice!! Thanks so much for stopping by!

    RJ
    RJ Does Books!

    ReplyDelete