Tuesday, March 13, 2012

WoW: Waiting on Wednesday [28]

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly post started by Breaking the Spine, to show books that we are patiently waiting for. 

Kami Glass is in love with someone she's never met—a boy she's talked to in her head since she was born. This has made her an outsider in the sleepy English town of Sorry-in-the-Vale, but she has learned ways to turn that to her advantage. Her life seems to be in order, until disturbing events begin to occur. There has been screaming in the woods and the manor overlooking the town has lit up for the first time in 10 years. . . . The Lynburn family, who ruled the town a generation ago and who all left without warning, have returned. Now Kami can see that the town she has known and loved all her life is hiding a multitude of secrets—and a murderer. The key to it all just might be the boy in her head. The boy she thought was imaginary is real, and definitely and deliciously dangerous.

SEPTEMBER 11, 2012 


SOMETIMES WHAT YOU COVET IS IMPOSSIBLE TO KEEP.

For werewolf Natalya Stravinsky, the supernatural is nothing extraordinary. What does seem strange is that she’s stuck in her hometown of South Toms River, New Jersey, the outcast of her pack, selling antiques to finicky magical creatures. Restless and recovering from her split with gorgeous ex-boyfriend, Thorn, Nat finds comfort in an unusual place: her obsessively collected stash of holiday trinkets. But complications pile up faster than her ornaments when Thorn returns home—and the two discover that the spark between them remains intense.

Before Nat can sort out their relationship, she must face a more immediate and dangerous problem. Her pack is under attack from the savage Long Island werewolves—and Nat is their first target in a turf war. Toss in a handsome wizard vying for her affection, a therapy group for the anxious and enchanted, and the South Toms River pack leader ready to throw her to the wolves, and it’s enough to give anybody a panic attack. With the stakes as high as the full moon, Nat must summon all of her strength to save her pack and, ultimately, herself.

APRIL 24, 2012

16 comments:

  1. I just learned of Unspoken tonight on a bunch of WOWs! It seems to be the popular pick tonight. I am very intrigued by this boy she's talked to in her head since she was born. Great pick! Thanks for visiting My WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks! I've had Unspoken on my tbr shelf for a week or so but thanks for introducing me to coveted! My WoW

    -Kimberly @ Turning The Pages

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unspoken looks fantastic and really creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. UNSPOKEN is actually available for request on NetGalley and the more often I see it on other blogs, the more I actually want to read it. Hmm... might go and request it now. :D

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope I get Unspoken as well! Looks good!

    Our WoW is at Book Sake. –Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting pick! Adding Unspoken on my TBR now. Thanks for sharing. :))

    Eunice @ Book Overdose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! Unspoken looks AND sounds really awesome!!! I am definitely adding that one to my TBR! I'm a sucker for awesome covers, and the summary totally tickles my fancy hehe. Thanks for sharing!

    Here's mine:
    Owl Read It's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picks I haven't heard of either one of these books. Thanks for passing by this is the link to my picks.
    http://sonythebooklover.com/2012/03/waiting-on-wednesday-48/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hadn't heard of these yet. I'll definitely have to check them out.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ~Danica Page
    Taking It One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picks Unspoken sounds so good I'm excited for that one in particular!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, Unspoken sounds really good! Thanks for sharing - I've added it to my TBR list! And thanks so much for stopping by my blog! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi :)
    Thanks for visiting my WoW post! You and I share a love for the same books, so I'm your newest follower btw.
    Unspoken, is on netgalley right now I think, and Coveted looks really good, and the guy on the cover is hot. I need to go check it out.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, there!

    I have just become a follower of your gorgeous blog!

    Thank you for commenting on my WOW today. And now I'd like to tell you how much I like yours! Both GREAT picks, and they're going straight onto my Goodreads TBR shelf!! I LOVE those covers!!!! : )

    Maria @ http://anightsdreamofbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome choices. I really like the first one, Unspoken. Seems dark and mysterious. Great picks!

    Thanks for stopping by,

    Livin' Life Through Books

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, again, Van!! Thanks so much for following back!! You ROCK. : )


    Maria @ http://anightsdreamofbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Coveted sounds like it will be interesting.

    Unspoken sounds and looks awesome. I definitely can't wait for that.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete